Compliance AuditorMidlands , Permanent, £26-28K
Role: Compliance Auditor
Salary: £26-28k + Car
About Us At Ace Recruitment we specialise in the Waste Management and Recycling Sector. We offer bespoke waste management recruitment solutions and provide an excellent service for our candidates. Ace Recruitment offers a range of Waste management jobs and positions all the way up to Director level, not only for permanent positions but also for temporary waste management and contract jobs too.
A fast growing and innovative environmental consultancy and waste management company operating throughout the UK.
To ensure a professional advisory service is provided to the client and their clients on the matter of compliance with UK legislation, regulations and best practice. To develop and manage technical projects focused on improving compliance as well as effectively reporting and utilising management information (MI). To ensure that employees are complying with regulations, managers carry out regular audits. If they find problems during the audit, they investigate the cause and take action, such as further training or revision of policies.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Plan communication and training programs to help employees understand their roles in compliance. Non-compliance can take the form of illegal, unethical or improper conduct, as well as failure to follow company policies and procedures.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Assess client, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
- Conduct environmental, H&S and quality audits to ensure adherence to both standards.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Verify that all regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated.
- Review policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Implements day-to-day Program activities.
- Maintaining management information system for the controls on documentation.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organisation are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to utilise various IT packages to produce and interpret quality data
- Excellent communication skills, to include experience of influencing outcomes, with interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Organised and analytical with problem solving capabilities
- Effective presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to formulate and monitor and implement action plans.
- Able to work creatively with spreadsheets, databases and content management systems
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or Masters (desired) level qualification in a relevant area to the post or
- Audit skills and or analytical skills with a background in control-based audit reviews
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.