Engineering ManagerBridgwater, Permanent, £30-35k
Leading Waste Management Company operating throughout the UK.
The role will be to provide:
- Effective and Continuous Control of the business where bailer, sort line and plant are utilised by the business
- Legal compliance management for all yard/plant operations.
- Corporate compliance management in line with policies, procedures and systems.
- Resource management of employees and insourced staff.
- Effective controls to monitor and achieve financial targets.
- Machinery service and availability to meet tasking requirements.
- Fully maintained and serviced to meet tasking requirements.
- Safe and maintained equipment for employees to meet their tasking requirements.
- A Safe workplace for employees to work.
- Investigation and Reports on breakdown/equipment incidents.
- Advice and Guidance to employees and others on internal machinery issues. Adequate assurance of machinery/bailer management issues.
- Ensure adherence to company targets with respect to Fleet audits, H&S.
- Managing maintenance providers to ensure uptime.
The successful candidate will be required to work closely with Operations Managers, Fleet Compliance Managers, Project Managers, Fleet Engineers, and the Safety, Health and Environmental Managers and Advisors throughout the business. The post will also work closely with third party subcontractors.
- Five years’ experience in a similar transport, engineering, services, construction or other high risk industry.
- Good communication skills
- Good ability in the use of microsoft word, excel and spread sheets
- Ability to work under pressure
- Holder of a full EU Driving Licence
PLEASE NOTE Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment. By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.