Operations ManagerSomerset, Permanent, 40K - 45K Dependant on Experience + Company Benefits
A National Waste Management company supplying Municipal Waste Services across the Country.
Purpose and Responsibilities
There is an exciting opportunity available with our clients National Municipal Waste Management Company based in the South West of England. A position has opened for an Operations Manager to join their depot in Somerset.
As Operations Manager you will be fully responsible for the management of profit and loss account in full for depot locations, full Health & Safety and compliance responsibility, staff recruitment and training. You will drive out operational and commercial efficiency with cost reduction through focused management and innovation. As Operations Manager you will also ensure that budgets are achieved as set.
Key tasks and Responsibilities:
- Profit and loss accounts for the site locations. Scrutiny and management of accounts and cost reduction measures
- Management and improvement of main Kier business KPIs.
- Management of staff, T&Cs, recruitment disciplinary, promotion training unions.
- Fleet management of vehicles in conjunction with company Fleet management
- Management of Company obligations under the health & Safety at work at and associated legislation.
- Ensure effective use of ‘the company way’ through effective staff training, proactive reporting, system support and other available means to maximize system potential and financial benefit on the contract
- Ensure all equipment is operated in accordance with company safety procedures and legal compliance requirements.
- Improve service levels to the client to meet or exceed contract KPIs, minimize risk of default penalties and reduce costs
- Lead or participate in business improvement projects in support of wider contract business plan objectives analyzing business performance, presenting alternative solutions, making recommendations and directly supporting implementation
- Identify and develop new business improvement opportunities
- Carry out any other work as requested
- Experience within Municipal Waste Managing a Fleet, Transfer Stations, MRF Operations
- A CPC is Essential
- Any other Waste Management or Associated qualification is advantageous
- Excellent Man Management
- Management of Multiple P & L Accounts
- Business Focus on Cost Reduction
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf.
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.