Business Development ManagerLondon, Permanent, £60-65K Dependent on experience + Benefits
- To support the delivery of bidding activity for the Environmental & Parking sector in the UK.
- To deliver an ambitious growth plan by executing and overseeing new bid opportunities for rebids/new business over a five-year time horizon.
- To oversee and manage multidisciplinary bid teams
- To support the Bid director and BD Director in upstreaming, pre-sales and pre-bid activities
- To contribute to the Environmental Services Business growth strategy
- To qualify, execute, close and transition new business wins from new and existing contract relationships to deliver quarterly, annual financial and profitable growth targets
- To own and lead new bids and opportunities; responsible for qualifying and delivering new business growth in accordance with business plan
- To Support contract negotiation, contract management, pricing and dispute resolution within the bid and transition process
- To support the BD Director in developing and qualifying sales pipeline and supporting upstreaming activities, pre-sales and pre-tender client meetings and engagement
- Experience in business development and bidding with demonstrated growth success
- Demonstrable track record in sales execution – individually led and closed deals in excess of £10m p.a.
- Good understanding of tools and processes associated with developing sales and account management strategies and plans.
- Able to demonstrate senior and strategic account management and the ability to develop effective relationships at all levels.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong track record of delivering change in complex and demanding environments
- Excellent commercial judgment and financial literacy.
- Understands cultures, motivations and needs of others to draw people together and leverage experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence effective outcomes.
- Good understanding of contract management and service delivery.
- Proven negotiation skills and dispute resolution.
- Proven success at developing and leading cross functional relationships, internally and externally.
- Experience of managing/influencing multi-disciplinary bid teams.
- Demonstrable experience of working closely with local government officers/members, industry consultants and waste/parking industry influencers.
- Experience in public sector procurement, contracting and outsourcing
- Graduate calibre and background in business development or complex/solution sales related discipline.
- APMP (Desirable)
- Miller Heiman Strategic Selling (Desirable)