Deputy Site ManagerWandsworth, Permanent, £35-40K Dependent on experience
To assist the site manager in the day-to-day operational aspects of the Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) and Transfer Station and associated processes to ensure that the Company fully complies with all legislation relating to the disposal of recyclable and general waste products and meets all the terms of the site’s licences granted by respective authorities by way of documentation.
In the absence of site manager, this role will run the MRF and Transfer Station in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures and expectations, to ensure maximum safety, efficiency and profitability of the operation
The principal responsibilities are:
- Manage the Process of Received Waste
- Management of Personnel; recruitment, discipline, grievance, training and performance review procedures
- Manage Production ensuring that that health and safety regulations are met, and Quality specifications are maintained
- Contract management
- Financial management including budgets
- Generate New and Retain Existing Business
- IOSH Managing Safely Qualified essential, Management qualification
- Experience of MRF operations or material sorting
- Budget and Financial awareness
- Physically fit for the role which will include supervising and supporting manual work.
- A good team player
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Good computer skills
- Good attention to details
- Excellent communication skills to build and maintain relationships at all levels
- Proficiency in operating plant e.g. forklifts, loading shovels, or a willingness to undergo training as required
- Prepared to work additional hours, including weekends, if required
- Certificate of Technical Competence desirable.
- Management qualification