Engineering Shift SupervisorEssex, Permanent, 40K - 42K + Overtime
An international leading environmentally focused Waste to Energy Company.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic Multi-skilled Engineering professional to join the team as shift Supervisor. As Engineering Shift Supervisor you will be responsible for supporting the Maintenance Manager in the smooth running of the maintenance team for your assigned shift. As Supervisor you will ensure compliance with Health and Safety among the team ensuring correct use of PPE, checks and vets are completed and risk assessments and method statements are completed.
- Assist in mechanical and electrical plant upgrades as assigned by the Maintenance Manager to ensure they are completed on time and effectively
- Carry out maintenance tasks diligently and in good time using appropriate methodology
- Ensure that full service delivery complies with contractual commitments including service delivery plans, contract targets, client data and information and change protocols.
- Realise operational excellence targets, installing a results focused performance driven culture as well as productivity targets, ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Ownership of the SHEQ culture and behaviour for the contract.
- Ensure all personnel are following all safety operating procedures, with respect to wearing correct PPE and correct practices at all times.
- Ensure effective utilization of CMMS for maintenance execution and reporting. Monitor and report the status of PPM, R and CM job completions
You’ll also have:
- Be computer literate, MS Office, Outlook, etc
- Strong communication skills. Should be able to effectively communicate with shift based teams, day teams, clients, suppliers and the different departments within the company and outside.
- Strong Organization Skills and Multi-tasking with willingness and ability to work in a high pressure environment
- You will have hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge along with PLC, inverter, instrumentation and control experience
- Knowledge of various mechanical drive arrangements, including simplex, duplex, chain, belt, gearboxes and transmission equipment is required
- You must hold a valid driving licence and have experience in a heavy industrial or waste environment.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering Experience: 5 Years
- Waste Management or related Industry Experience: 3 Years
- Supervisory Experience: 1 Year
- HNC/Engineering Degree or equivalent
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf.
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.