Fleet ManagerBracknell, Permanent, £35-40K Dependant on experience
The Fleet Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the Company fleet (currently around 100 vehicles) is supported to be effective, legal and compliant.
- To manage and administer all aspects of the company Operator license.
- Ensure that all DVSA and company compliance standards are adhered to. This includes working with the Workshop Manager to ensure timely scheduling for PMI, MOT, servicing, drivers routine checks and that the workshop is maintained with inspections etc. Carry out audits.
- Daily monitoring of the defect reports.
- Review, document and improve compliance and safety in operations/safe systems of work. Support driver briefings on performance, operations, health & safety etc.
- Take action against any infringements from Tacho reports.
- Manage and control costs of fleet maintenance and work with managers to ensure efficiency.
- Report to senior management as required on KPI’s (costs, availability, accidents etc).
- Ensure all incidences/accidents reported are investigated and actioned upon.
- Administrate Vehicle/Insurance databases and claims. Negotiate insurance renewal.
- Support the Workshop Manager with stock strategy (levels & costs).
- Work closely with department managers to agree scope of new vehicle purchases and manage asset disposals / new vehicle on-boarding.
- Advise the business on industry wide developments (ie alternative fuels and emissions etc line with legislation changes).
- Acquire and maintain FORS status.
- Carry out any other reasonable request as required by your Line Manager or the Customer.
- CPC Transport Manager Qualification / Operators License / Full DVLC
- Compliance management experience in transport a multi-site/large fleet environment
- Good communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
- Good knowledge/understanding of FORS etc.
- IT literate and experienced in preparing and delivering reports.
- Professional, confident, flexible and positive.
- An analytical problem solver that works well under pressure.