Fleet supervisorWest London, Permanent, 34.5K Dependant on experience
An International Waste and Recycling Company.
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced and passionate Fleet Supervisor to join a leading Waste and Recycling company. As Fleet Supervisor you will assist the Manager in the Supervision and management of the Transport Operation and Depot Staff. This role would suit an experienced Supervisor looking to take the next step in their Transport career within a fast paced and exciting environment.
As Fleet Supervisor you will support the Depot Manager in a variety of tasks including health and safety issues, recruitment and induction of new staff, compliance, vehicle and plant maintenance, fleet and driver compliance, monitoring and controlling of stocks and budgets.
- Assisting the Depot Manager with controlling costs in line with business plans to agreed standards and timescales
- Ensuring support is given where required to the administrators with recording employees attendance, absence, holiday and weighbridge operation
- Assisting in the recruitment, selection and induction of new employees
- Chair team briefings, performance hub sessions and toolbox talks
- Ensuring that all depot employees fully understand and are committed to their objectives and responsibilities
- Ensuring that all depot processes and procedures are effectively managed
- Controlling the service and maintenance schedule of all road fleet so they remain legally compliant and roadworthy at all times
- Ensuring compliance with Duty of Care legislation and maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of waste carriers licence & waste transfer notes
- Managing road fleet and drivers to remain compliant with all legislation and internal policies to protect the business operating licence
You’ll also have:
- Previous management experience - leading and motivating teams and individuals
- Strong knowledge of transport legislation and experience of transport planning
- Good IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety and understanding of the importance of H&S in the workplace
- Understanding of quality management systems
- A valid driving licence is essential
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Fleet Supervisor/Transport Supervisor Experience: 3 years
- Waste Management Services Experience: 2 Years
- CPC holder would be ideal
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence: 1 year
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf.
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.