Commercial ManagerHemel Hempstead + Home based, Permanent, 40k to 45k plus bonus, car & company benefits
Your role is to identify and engage with prospective customers and establish where our client can add value in order to secure potential food waste streams. To develop strong relationships with existing customer base, ensuring our clients are provided the best possible service, capture all available food waste streams, and retain business through contract extensions.
This role requires a strong hunger for new business with great contract and people management skills, to ensure a seamless delivery of the services which underpin the numerous Anaerobic Digestion (AD) facilities within the portfolio.
This role will be based from North London with the flexibility to work from home. The role will involve travel to other AD facilities to conduct site tours and contract management meetings, as well as visiting customers.
You will operate within a close-knit commercial team that works in conjunction with Operations, Finance and Compliance to ensure our clients are provided an integrated service that meets the needs of both the customers and their contracts.
You should be practical as well as commercially astute with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Effective and economical procurement of food wastes
• Development of a prospect pipeline which includes: food manufacturers, waste management companies, and waste brokers
• Initiating contact with prospective decision makers by understanding the regional marketplace, the customers business, and the potential benefits of working with our clients.
• Generation of ‘qualified’ meetings through cold calling
• Identification of commercial solutions with customers embedded at the heart of what we do; preparing proposals, responding to tenders (with support of tenders team)
• Development of pricing strategies
• Ensuring pipelines are up to date and contain sufficient activity to achieve feedstock volume targets
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
Adept at securing new business, managing and maximising revenue from contracts, and have an excellent history in building client relationships with both existing customers and prospective clients. You will be able to demonstrate your experience of innovative solution selling and utilisation of your strong negotiation and influencing skills. You will be extremely organised and proactive in your approach to day to-day tasks whilst having a forward-focused mindset allowing you to plan for future business developments and contracts. You will have excellent attention to detail to ensure all aspects of contracts are considered.