HGV MechanicBuckinghamshire , Permanent, 35K - 45K Dependant on Experience
A leading International Waste and Resource Management services provider.
Purpose and Responsibilities
Our client is looking for an experienced HGV/LGV Fitter to join their team based in Buckinghamshire. As HGV Fitter you will work as part of a friendly, professional, close knit team providing essential maintenance to the commercial fleet of around 90 Vehicles.
- Conduct vehicle service and inspections in accordance with DVSA regulations.
- Prepare and present Vehicles for MOT.
- Carry out daily and routine maintenance and repairs on of all Vehicles in the fleet.
- Assist on vehicle breakdowns as and when required.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to the required standard
- Maintain a Safe Working Environment.
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles to VOSA inspection manual standards.
- To carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required.
You’ll also have:
- HGV Fitter/HGV Mechanic experience is essential
- Experience working on municipal fleets such as refuse collection vehicles, street cleansing vans and road sweepers would be ideal but not essential
- Good understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrics, with strong practical and fitting skills on mechanical and technical equipment.
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of current relevant Health & Safety legislation.
- Competent to make cost-effective and safe repairs.
Relevant Job titles to be considered for this role:
HGV Mechanic / LGV Mechanic / HGV Technician / LGV Technician / Workshop Technician / Workshop Assistant / Workshop Manager / Diesel Mechanic / Truck Mechanic / Fleet Technician / Fleet Mechanic / HGV Fitter / LGV Fitter / Workshop Fitter.
Required licence or certification:
- A full, clean UK Driving Licence – essential
- City & Guilds / NVQ Level Three in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair HGV Class 2 License with Driver CPC (Advantageous)
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf.
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.