Mechanical EngineerEssex, Permanent, 40K Dependant on Experience
A leading Environmental Services Company providing Municipal, Waste Treatment and Recovery Services across the UK..
Our client is currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their Plant Maintenance Team based in South Essex. In this role you will be responsible for both planned and reactive plant maintenance at our client MBT Facility. Adhering to strict health and safety procedures at all times, you will be required to produce reports, weekly and monthly and you will be required to document all work carried out in the Maintenance log.
As Mechanical Engineer you will be required to work the following shift pattern, flexibility to work long hours is essential (Shifts are 12 hours), flexibility to work both days and nights would be advantageous.
Week 1: Monday, Tues, Friday, Sat, Sun
Week 2: Wed, Thurs
- To manage equipment breakdowns effectively and efficiently.
- To plan and carry out planned preventative Maintenance on all plant and equipment aiming to achieve maximum plant availability, with zero unplanned down time.
- Supervise the daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance inspections.
- Conduct safety compliance inspections and maintain records.
- Ensure that programed work is completed on time to the satisfaction of business requirement.
- Use radio frequency equipment as required.
- Manage external buildings/service maintenance contracts (pat testing, fire alarms, compressor etc.)
- Develop/document training material to facilitate transfer of skills and knowledge.
- Effective and economical control of critical spares for all key processes.
- Provide training, work direction and guidance.
- Operate a variety of equipment including loaders, forklifts, high lifts, cranes, cherry pickers.
- Assist Electrical engineer in his task.
You’ll also have:
- Experience of working with engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of production processes.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge.
- Report writing.
- Welding experience
- Basic Electrical experience
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- NVQ Level 3 Minimum – Mechanical/Multi Skilled Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering experience in Waste/Construction/Production/Heavy Industry: 2 Years Minimum
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence: 1 year
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf.
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.