Operations ManagerHertford, Permanent, £40-45K Dependant on experience
A market leader in the growing Hazardous and Clincial Waste market.
Owing to rapid growth the business has identified the need for aHazardous Waste Manager to take responsibility for obtaining Hazardous and Clinical Waste supply contracts in the UK.
Owing to this rapid growth our client has identified the need for an Operations Manager to take responsibility for managing the growing operations. The purpose of the role is to take ownership and manage the supply of waste from UK waste suppliers to both UK and European Energy from Waste (EfW) facilities and other waste end markets. This role will include managing logistics, waste suppliers, end markets, scheduling on a yearly, weekly and daily basis, and ensuring contracts commitments are met in terms of cost, profit and volumes. Significant experience in customer services, logistics or operations is essential.
- Managing the operations team and prioritising its day to day activities to ensure that deadlines are achieved
- Setting and ensuring a high-quality customer focused service
- Taking ownership of the supply chain and managing daily/weekly issues
- Planning and implement with logistics providers the collections, transit and deliveries of waste from the UK to Europe
- Monitoring the profitability of both existing routes/customers
- Identifying new supply routes and constantly improving current logistics solution
- Sourcing and pricing new supply routes for the the sales function
- Managing compliance, waste legislation, application of trans-frontier shipment paperwork
- Proactive meetings with and visits to logistic providers to check on the compliance of transport, paperwork, and unloading, and to potentially look at new opportunities for new services or new routes and lanes.
- Measure performance of contracts by producing management reports with KPI’s
Attributes and Experience required
- Waste Management experience
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to work and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous experience of managing in an office environment
- Previous customer services, logistics or operations experience in a senior role
- Strong organisational skills
- Proficient on MS office packages