Operations ManagerCarmarthen, Wales, Permanent, £55-60K DOE + Car
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the delivery of exceptional operational performance, leading all operational teams. Accountable for all operational sites, together with the transport and commercial departments, you will make a significant strategic contribution, delivering business objectives and operational strategy which expands and exceeds the Company expectation. You will contribute fresh and creative ways of optimising efficiencies and improving profitability.
This role will champion managers and staff to engage and work together in achieving a common goal, promoting a culture that encourages top performance and high morale. You will be an advocate of continuous improvement and take ownership for driving such culture through the Client’s business.
Through your teams, you will be expected to operate, maintain, optimise and improve standards in a multitude of areas including health and safety, financial budgets, plant efficiency, people management, cost efficiency and customer service.
Essential knowledge/Skills & Experience:
- Waste industry experience (minimum 10 years)
- Senior operations management experience
- Sound understanding of waste treatment processes and operations
- In depth knowledge and understanding of recycling operations
- Effective leadership and people management skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to motivate others
- Solid understanding of financial management
- Motivated to building a genuine team ethos
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Degree (or equivalent advantageous)
- MCIWM - Chartered Waste Manager
- WAMITAB qualifications