Process ManagerCardiff, Permanent, £35-40K Dependant on experience
- Ensure the safe and process efficient management of operations, processes and associated procedures relating to reception, inspection, routing, storage and transfer of all wastes and processing operations at the Cardiff site. This includes ensuring the availability and provision of adequate resources to all processes and management of all personnel reporting to the Production Manager and his line managers on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure that the commercial performance of the site meets Company production targets by process control, implementation of performance measures/indicators and cost control.
- To assist the Site Manager and to deputise for him in his absence.
- To achieve the safe, efficient, cost effective and procedure compliant processing of all waste materials in accordance with current legislation and procedures.
- To ensure that the waste treatment operations and processes operate to the conditions of the Environmental Permit, Discharge Consent, Health and Safety requirements and other Site Procedures and all other associated and related legislation.
- Overall management responsibility of containerised storage areas (including Quarantine Area) to ensure adequate segregation, stock control and CoMAH /HSG 71 compliance.
- Overall responsibility for the development, and maintenance of the container stock control systems.
- Responsibility for effective asset management and control and appropriate use of equipment and infrastructure operated and used at the waste treatment site to maintain the health, safety and welfare of all staff.
- Maintenance, development, control and processing of paperwork and operational systems.
- Formulation, development and maintaining of operating systems and procedures for all waste management operations and processes at the site.
- Assist the Site Manager with site wide responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of all staff and site users at the site.
- To assist and cooperate fully with the Site Manager, Group Technical Director and Health & Safety Manager in the development and maintaining of accreditation under ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 (and as amended) for the Cardiff site.
- Development and maintenance of housekeeping procedures to ensure a safe, clean and tidy site that fully meets company standards and compliance with relevant permissions and licences and in accord with associated and related legislation.
- Accident and incident investigation, recording and reporting and the formulation and maintaining of statistical information arising for the waste treatment site.
- To deliver efficient and timely planned preventative maintenance in accordance with the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) system in place at the Cardiff site.
- To ensure the compliance of staff with the purchasing procedures.
- To liaise with the Transport, Customer Services and Technical Sales Department to coordinate the efficient throughput of waste treatment materials through the site.
- Provision of adequate supervision, training and development of staff under the control of the Production Manager to achieve required standards of competence and effectiveness.
- To establish targets for staff and implement regular appraisals.
- Computer literate with fluency in all Microsoft applications, SAP experience would be an advantage
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Comfortable working within a team and contributing to its success
- Comfortable working on your own using your own initiative
- Work logically and make reasoned decisions based on experience and objective information
Essential Qualification – HND or higher in Chemistry or a related science subject
Essential Experience – A minimum of two years experience in the assessment, classification and routing of hazardous and non hazardous waste using all current legislation.