Site ManagerLancashire, Permanent, 28K - 32K - Dependant on Experience.
A fast growing Metal, IT and WEEE Recycling Company operating across the Lancashire.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic team player to join our clients new site near Sawley in Lancashire. As Site Manager you will head up a vibrant team in a fast paced environment, looking over all onsite operations ensuring they are carried out in a safe and efficient manner. As with any growing business you will need to be hands on and able to prioritise and manage several tasks. An engineering background/mechanical aptitude would be advantageous.
- General day to day upkeep and security of the building and warehouse.
- Booking in and out - responsible for accuracy of weights and paper work
- Stock holding – create a weekly excel spreadsheet of stock and posting the volumes to Directors
- Maximising value – by checking, sorting, classifying and treating materials you will be able to maximise the value of the stock for sales.
- Managing Goods in and goods out and ensuring that jobs get processed accurately and on time.
- Manage a small warehouse team, as new starters come on-board, you will be expected to train these up to the required standard and manage appropriately.
- Health and Safety – to ensure that site adopts safe health and safety procedures and follows the H&S manual already produced
- To ensure that training is carried out and recorded for employees to use machinery and equipment e.g. the Cropper, baler, fork lift etc
- Licences, maintenance of equipment e.g. scales – ensure site licences and certificates of machines are valid and apply for new when necessary
- Taking responsibility of the paperwork associated with temporary and full time staff e.g. timesheets, sickness record, annual leave records
- Build relationships and rapport with customers visiting the site.
You’ll also have:
- Pro-active and motivated with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Possess the ability to effectively manage and lead a small team
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and work in under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build rapport.
- IT literate with excellent organisational skills
- Hands on managerial approach
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Operations/Site Management Experience: 3 years
- Waste Management/ Recycling/Scarp Yard Experience: 3 Years
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence: 1 year
- Forklift/Crane/Plant Licenses are advantageous
- Mechanical/Engineering background/Knowledge Advantageous
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf.
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.