Street Cleansing ManagerBristol, Permanent, 40K - 50K Dependant on Exerience
A Leading Waste and Resource Management Services Supplier operating throughout the South West.
Purpose and Responsibilities
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager with a background in Street Cleansing to join our client’s energetic and dynamic team. As Street Cleansing Manager your main responsibility will be to manage and monitor the operation of street cleansing, ensuring compliance with all legislation, regulations, and financial and budgetary parameters. The role requires the post holder to challenge existing practices in order to improve overall customer service whilst seeking value for money and long-term economic benefits to the business.
As a key member of the operations and leadership team, to ensure talent management across street cleansing operations and ensure effective use of resources in achieving key performance targets. You will provide management support to team members to ensure that management procedures are robustly followed and deliver effective services that offer quality and value for money for the business.
Duties also include:
- Continue to improve and enhance the waste and resource management service and to ensure legislative compliance.
- Ensure that all management software systems are effectively administered and operated to provide timely and accurate periodic management information.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvements through a motivated workforce that reflect the vision and values of the company.
- Develop opportunities to improve the effectiveness of the site and service delivery.
- Relationship building internally and externally (customers, suppliers, employees and BCC), always ensuring that we deliver a great customer experience.
- To ensure that systems and processes are in place to monitor and track customer feedback and queries, so that all are resolved and appropriate action and/or service improvement is taken.
- Ensure that all services are compliant with Health & Safety, current disposal/ handling/ transportation legislation and codes of practice and environmental regulations.
- Delivering to the objectives and vision of the company and ensuring that communications and messaging are consistent throughout the organisation.
- Preparation of annual budgets, ensuring that services are delivered within budget and all financial targets are met.
- Work within cross-divisional teams to provide integrated waste solutions using best practice and through continuous improvement.
You’ll also have:
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen
- Experience of employee engagement and change management programmes
- Proven experience in delivering services and achieving key results
- Good knowledge of existing and impending environmental and health and safety legislation
- Waste industry knowledge including relevant laws
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation, negotiation and consultation skills
- Demonstrable IT skills (Excel, Outlook and Word)
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Waste Management, Recycling Sector (Specifically Street Cleansing/Waste collections) Experience: 3 Years Minimum
- Operations/Business/Depot Management Experience: 5 Years Minimum
- Full UK Driving Licence: Essential
- IOSH: Desirable
- COTC Level 4: Desirable
- CPC: Desirable
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf.
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.