Waste Transfer Station SupervisorBracknell, Permanent, £35-40K Dependant on experience
To assist in maintaining the safe and efficient running of a waste management and recycling site
Controlling production input and output, ensuring processes run smoothly and managing expectations (outputs include crushed concrete/brick, soil, mulch, shredded wood, and residual waste etc).
- On site Health & safety monitoring, compliance with legislation and assisting with improving site layout and operations.
- Supervising of various staff (pickers and operatives)and controlling employee resources
- Dealing with any staffing issues
- Assist with training and development of site staff
- Manage stock levels where appropriate
- Producing / reporting to Manager as required.
- Sampling/analysis of waste where required.
- Reporting defects as required.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
- Good computer skills.
- Ideally have NEBOSH or IOSH qualifications.
- Experience working within waste recycling transfer stations.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety policies and procedures. ???
- Self-motivated as well as a good motivator
- Be open to and encourage change.
- Be proactive and constructive in problem solving and conflict management.
- Be approachable and professional.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to reason logically within tight and conflicting timeframes.???